[okfn-za] [HacksHackers Cape Town] Open Data Durban

Greg Kempe greg at kempe.net
Thu Jul 16 19:41:01 UTC 2015

This is really exciting, good luck Durban!

Greg

--
Greg Kempe
p +27 (0)78 246 1116

On 16 July 2015 at 9:21:32 PM, Adi Eyal (adi at code4sa.org) wrote:

Great stuff is happening in Ethekwini. A new open data group called
Open Data Durban has formed. I presented at their second meeting this
Tuesday. We had a fairly good turnout.

Also exciting is that the City of Ethekini is currently working on an
open data policy. We're hoping to see the first draft in the next few
months. I have a feeling that they are going to give Cape Town a run
for their money. If you are based in Durban, I recommend getting in
touch or joining the ODD meetup group for event updates
(http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Durban-Meetup/).

I wrote a short blog post about the event here:
http://code4sa.org/2015/07/17/open-data-durban.html

Regards
Adi

--
Adi Eyal
Director

phone: +27 78 014 2469
skype: adieyalcas
linkedin: http://za.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Adi/Eyal
web: http://www.code4sa.org
twitter: @soapsudtycoon

Follow us on twitter at @code4sa
For more information on how to participate in the open data community
in South Africa, go to: http://www.code4sa.org/#community
Sign up for Naked Data, our weekly round-up of what's happening
locally and internationally in data journalism and data visualisation.
Register here: http://www.code4sa.org/newsletter