[Open-access] [open-science] PLoS Comp Biol goes wiki

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:31:29 UTC 2012

Hi Egon,

the articles are being written in accordance (as much as is feasible
at least) with the guidelines of both the journal and the English
Wikipedia. That includes notability criteria and thus the choice of
the article's scope in the first place. We will also invite
WikiProject Computational Biology to review the draft (which is public
on a CC BY-licensed MediaWiki instance).

So while we cannot exclude that such articles will be the subject of
deletion discussions, the probability for that to happen is lower than
for the average science article on the English Wikipedia. And should
the page become deleted at some point, we still have the version of
record from the journal.

Cheers,

Daniel