[Open-access] Fwd: Fee-free scholarly publishing

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Aug 15 14:36:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm forwarding a very interesting recent thread about fee-free
scholarly publishing started by Peter Murray-Rust with Rosemary
Laurent from INRIA [1], Richard Poynder, Peter Suber, Jenny Molloy,
Tom Olijhoek, Ross Mounce and several other OKFN folks.

Peter Murray-Rust's original email to Rosemary is at the bottom, as
well as some of the subsequent correspondence with Rosemary Laurent,
Richard Poynder and Peter Suber.

Basically the discussion is about how we can better document and
support 'fee-free' open access journals - which might include case
studies, a possible 'fee-free' OA handbook, publicity and community
building activities, and building a better 'best practises network'
with people and organisations who have done it.

We all agreed that - rather than continuing discussion in private - it
would make more sense to open this discussion up to others on this
list!

All the best,

Jonathan

[1] http://www.inria.fr/en/institute/inria-in-brief

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM,  <ricky at richardpoynder.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am copying Peter Suber into this correspondence as I believe he has done some research in this area and may have a list of fee-free publishers that he can share.
>
> Best wishes,
>

> Richard

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Laurent Romary

--
Jonathan Gray

Head of Community
The Open Knowledge Foundation