[Open-access] voice of russia

Björn Brembs b.brembs at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:21:48 UTC 2012

Ross Mounce wrote:

> Many thanks for the links Claudia - your expertise and knowledge of Russian
> OA is greatly appreciated :)

Indeed, very valuable, many thanks Claudia!

> I or someone else can then post links to the broadcast to this mailing list
> and the OKFN Open Science mailing list as and when they come online.

Help with publicity would definitely be needed.

On this occasion I'd also like to solicit some publicity
help for a German article to appear in the TAZ
(http://taz.de) this weekend. The TAZ is among the ten
largest newspapers in Germany, so it's a pretty big deal.

The article's also going to be more than just the few
paragraphs that so far appeared on the OA topic in the other
newspapers (which all dealt with the Elsevier boycott). I
haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be two pages long,
with photographs of yours truly even. The other person
featured in the article is Elsevier's "Vice President for
Gorvernment Relations" (i.e., chief lobbyist against OA),
Angelika Lex.

I'll alert you to the article, once I have it. Too bad it'll
be in German...

Many thanks for any help!

Bjoern

--