[Open-access] An anti-RWA bill

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 14:41:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Nick Barnes <nb at climatecode.org> wrote:

> We are arguing entirely at cross-purposes.  You are arguing against
> universal publication fees, on the basis of a concern with luxury
> brands (top journals).  I am arguing in favour of universal
> open-access (and of taking a single step in that direction via a
> broadening of the NIH mandate).
>
> It is probable that there are significant numbers of people who support
both positions. I believe it's useful that we should document these if
possible and provide examples of success and problems. If we can point to
formal position papers (from us or elsewhere) or other evidence that makes
it more compelling. In other words a one-stop resource for OA evidences and
advocacies.