[Open-access] An anti-RWA bill

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Wed Feb 1 15:50:47 UTC 2012

Bjorn's doomsday scenario is predicated on the notion that markets
tend to develop a high-priced luxury option (which is true), but then
goes on to assume that hiring committees and suchlike are going to be
stupid enough to evaluate applications on the basis of whether or not
the applicants paid the premium for the luxury good.  I am prepared
(in fact sometimes impolitely eager) to attribute a lot of stupidity
to academics; but not THAT much.

-- Mike.