[Open-access] Eric Raymond offer to help with "Open Access"

Björn Brembs b.brembs at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:17:38 UTC 2012

Douglas Carnall wrote:

> On 6 February 2012 11:41, Björn Brembs
> <b.brembs at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I was rather thinking that I don't want to be associated
>> with a climate change denialist...

> The political views of RMS or ESR on other matters are irrelevant.

I didn't respond to the others, but I feel compelled to
respond to this one. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but
whether or not climate change happens is now a political
question?
If that is so, are evolution, gravity or the chemical bond
valid scientific concepts or political debates? Do we now
vote on whether the earth or the sun is the center of the
universe?

I don't care about anybody's politics - I do care about my
name on the same page as that of a delusional anti-science
ideologue. Unfortunately, guilt by association works and I'm
trying to prevent it, where possible.

All the best,

Bjoern

--