[Open-access] Collections of Libre material

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Mon Feb 13 08:57:36 UTC 2012

Maybe we could build a lightweight (one-click?) mechanism that, when
looking as a free-but-not-libre malaria paper, will send a message to
the copyright holder  requesting that the reissue it as libre?  If
even a tiny proportion of those requests yielded results, we could use
the co-operation of the first publisher that helps to shame all the
others.  Then hopefully we'd be able to build some momentum towards
liberating the majority of the relevant works.

-- Mike.