[Open-access] Authors' manuscripts

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 10:59:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Klaus Graf <klausgraf at googlemail.com>wrote:

> 2012/2/15 Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk>:
> > I have copied this list into a reply from Elsevier on the GOAL list. This
> > gives us an important source of BOAI manuscripts
> >
> > When authors deposit their pre-publication manuscript under green open
> > access the copyright resides with the authors not the publishers.
>
> Publishers own the copyright of the work not of a version.

Please clarify with regard to the particular case. This is my ignorance.
Are you saying that the AM (author's manuscript) and the VoR (version of
record) are the same work? And does the publisher actually hold the
copyright?
*
I don't see any copyright statement on
http://www.personal.rdg.ac.uk/~sxs98ltb/chambersLobbButlerHarveyTraill.pdf