[Open-access] Authors' manuscripts

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 14:04:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Ross Mounce <ross.mounce at gmail.com> wrote:

> > almost nothing in Institutional Reposities is BOAI-compliant. Most is
> unlabelled. Much is Green OA
>

> "2. Content in Opus is made freely available for non-commercial
> private study or research."
> from http://www.bath.ac.uk/library/services/eprints/enduser-licence.pdf
>
> Opus is the University of Bath's institutional repository. 'Policies'
> at other institutions may vary.
>
> They aren't the only ones.

Some universities are pro-BOAI - Stirling (my old employer) is good on this.

I think a table of UK repositories and their Openness would be very
revealing. If we had a Openness Index that would be great. It's probably
the same amount of effort as doing the publishers. And hopefully some of
the univs would be shamed.

And we can send out FOI requests as to WHY they chose the licence. And put
those up on the site.

P.