[Open-access] Authors' manuscripts

cameronneylon.net cn at cameronneylon.net
Wed Feb 15 14:05:06 UTC 2012

Side question that relates to this that I was asked today:

Has anyone done article level page-rank style analysis across a good proportion of  a significant corpus. I know that both Eigenfactor and the MESUR project were talking about doing this but both have to some extent been distracted into other things. My answer was - this would be trivially easy if we had the citation graph. Has anyone got any good pointers on the most recent work on this space and the limitations of what we can do with the available citation data?

> "2. Content in Opus is made freely available for non-commercial
> private study or research."
> from http://www.bath.ac.uk/library/services/eprints/enduser-licence.pdf
>
> Opus is the University of Bath's institutional repository. 'Policies'
> at other institutions may vary.

If any of you meet me in a bar remind me to tell you an interesting story about Opus and its licensing arrangements that illustrates the depth of the problem….

Cheers

Cameron