[Open-access] Introducing: Who Needs Access? You Need Access!

Douglas Carnall dougie.carnall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:06:40 UTC 2012

On 17 February 2012 13:16, Mike Taylor <mike at indexdata.com> wrote:

> Feel free to send me more, though.  Oh, and if you have a better
> photo, that would appreciated.  Or two or three, if you have them,
> maybe one of them showing you at work?

I guess I might be willing to tidy up my office for the cause ;-)
I'll try and let you have more photos early next week.

> we'll add other pages about other translators as the opportunity
> arises.  They will all be in the "translators" category, of course, so
> you can click on that to see them all.

I have already contacted other translators in my network with the aim
of expanding this.

>>a review of the
>> [parallel text analysis], starting from the perspective of what open access might do
>> for translation quality, would be a good initiative.
>
> Yes; but not for this site.  I want to keep it simple and accessible
> for any reasonably intelligent adult.

Quite so. I think your present format is excellent. Such an article
would be aimed at a translation journal, with polemical intent.

Regards to all,

D.

--
Douglas Carnall