[Open-access] Website up and running!

Tom Olijhoek tom.olijhoek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:37:03 UTC 2012

Laura,(and others editing the @ccess site)

I am looking at the @ccess site just now, and I think it is too basic. I
don't want to rush things but since the site is up and running I think we
should style it as soon as possible. I don't like the idea of it staying
too long as a basic version, because it is how the world sees us. And the
first impression should be good.
I already proposed that we could use the same theme for this site as the
one that Mike used for whoneedsaccess.

*Points to address quickly:*
The landing page now is the about page, We should have it as the homepage I
think , and make a About page stating our purposes and history and
definition of Open Access ------> @ccess, don't you think? I have made a
Definition page private published that we might use.

Possibly we could also install a number of widgets like a twitter widget on
the site.e.g. Twitter Tracker, that one should then be updated to version
2,2
RSS could also be useful and than some.
*Could we dedicate another sprint to polish the site?*

TOM