[Open-access] Green Gold Gratis Libre

cameronneylon.net cn at cameronneylon.net
Fri Feb 24 14:15:09 UTC 2012

> (We probably don't want to get into discussing CC-BY-SA, since there
> are validly differing opinions on where that is more or less free than
> CC-BY, just as people disagree over whether the GNU GPL or Modified
> BSD licence is more free for software.)

Strictly speaking if we're focussed on BOAI this point is moot as the BOAI specifies CC-BY (as does the Open Source Definition). One of the things that's worrying me is the conflation of BOAI and OKD which are actually different on this point. As Mike says, we probably don't want to start that argument up again (I'm right, you're all wrong, clearly) but we should probably be clear about this. For me BOAI-compliant is pretty clear.

Cheers

Cameron