[Open-access] SSRN Paper from Google Policy Unit

cn at cameronneylon.net cn at cameronneylon.net
Wed Jul 18 14:42:17 UTC 2012

It's a cultural thing. Long standing tradition of these working papers in the areas that SSRN covers and no history of thinking about licensing. They're very big on making it as easy as possible to get stuff uploaded so putting as little burden as possible on authors...asking people to think about licenses when they never have before is an extra burden. I get the argument, I just think its worth them putting in a default setting and giving people the option to change it - even to no license if they want.