[Open-access] Letter to publishers - URGENT

Douglas Carnall dougie.carnall at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:00:40 UTC 2012

On 5 March 2012 11:45, Mike Taylor <mike at indexdata.com> wrote:

>So it's good that we have among us some people who have not yet
> been pissed of quite so royally as Peter.

Oh I have, I have: my disallusion on parting from the BMJ was fairly
complete (when they put up their paywall in 2005), and it's taken the
best part of a decade for me to recover to the point where I am
capable of writing such an email as my response to Peter. But
unfortunately expressing anger and frustration is a losing strategy.

I understand we are discussing general principles, BTW which is why I
used the phrase "good internet citizen" rather than attempting any
lawyerly definition of what it would actually take to ensure that
human users are not inconvenienced by robotic demands on servers
(something that I am not competent to propose in any case).

Regards to all,

D.
--
Douglas Carnall