[Open-access] Letter to publishers - URGENT

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Mon Mar 5 16:06:14 UTC 2012

On 5 March 2012 14:33, cameronneylon.net <cn at cameronneylon.net> wrote:
> One minor suggestion...
>
> Second para suggest replace "and publish the output as CC0" with "and publish the resulting data output under a Creative Commons Zero waiver"

Or indeed just "in the public domain" -- the use of CC0 in particular
seems like unnecessary detail.  And we know that at least some
publishers COMPLETELY misunderstand what Creative Commons is -- see
this comment thread:

http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2012/02/12/revisiting-a-little-known-rwa-of-the-past-the-restaurant-welfare-act-of-1958/#comment-43748

-- Mike.