[Open-access] A publisher writes...

Richard Kidd KiddR at rsc.org
Thu Mar 8 09:59:48 UTC 2012

Hi

I'm just wondering whaat you're trying to achieve here. Your're preparing a submission from representatives on this list. As Peter said in reply to my question on his blog, this is your submission to Hargreaves, its not a negotiation. Publishers will also be putting forward their own nuanced submissions. This group also doesn't include other major text mining experts, so I would also ask that this should be presented as an OKFN or similar submission rather than the agreed text miners' bottom line - so I'm not convinced that I want to reply to this, to have yes/no/unhelpful reflected up to IPO as our views, when we'll be putting in our own submissions.

Best wishes

Richard

DISCLAIMER:

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the addressee only and may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material. It may not be relied upon or disclosed to any other person without the consent of the RSC. If you have received it in error, please contact us immediately. Any advice given by the RSC has been carefully formulated but is necessarily based on the information available, and the RSC cannot be held responsible for accuracy or completeness. In this respect, the RSC owes no duty of care and shall not be liable for any resulting damage or loss. The RSC acknowledges that a disclaimer cannot restrict liability at law for personal injury or death arising through a finding of negligence. The RSC does not warrant that its emails or attachments are Virus-free: Please rely on your own screening. The Royal Society of Chemistry is a charity, registered in England and Wales, number 207890 - Registered office: Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF