[Open-access] Trying to index the malaria literature for BOAI-Openness - what has to be done paper-by-paper?

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:28:20 UTC 2012

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/tools/openftlist/
states
"
- The PMC OAI service and the PMC FTP service are the _only_ services
that may be used for automated downloading of articles from this open
access subset.
- Systematic retrieval (bulk downloading) of articles through any
other automated process is prohibited, even if you are only retrieving
articles from this subset.
- Some journals use the label "open access" for an article that is
available free at time of publication, but is still subject to
traditional copyright restrictions. Such articles are not part of this
subset."

We follow their download instructions, so we are on the safe side.

Daniel