[Open-access] (no subject)

Dominique Babini dasbabini at gmail.com
Fri May 25 03:40:21 UTC 2012

Hello members of the open-access list,
I am new in this list, Dominique from Argentina.  My first message is to
share with you the annoucement that a national open access legislation, for
State funded research results to be deposited in digital repositories with
maximum embargo of six months, has received a preliminary approval
yesterday by Deputies in our Congress, and now will be discussed and we
hope approved by the Senate soon.
The legislation proposal has been an initiative of the Ministry of Science
and Technology, with participation of the Repositories National System
Experts Committee.
The announcement published yesterday (in Spanish)
http://www.mincyt.gov.ar/noticias/noticias_detalles.php?id_noticia=959
It is a very imporant step forward in a region where 2/3 of research is
State funded.
Dominique

*Dra. Dominique Babini * <http://www.linkedin.com/in/dominiquebabini>

* Consejo Latinoamericano de Ciencias Sociales-CLACSO / Latin America
Social Science Council (CLACSO) - Coordinadora Area
Información<http://www.clacso.edu.ar/area_info_doc/4.php?idioma=esp>/
Information
Area Coordinator <http://www.clacso.edu.ar/area_info_doc/4.php?idioma=ing>

* Universidad de Buenos Aires-IIIG, Investigación Comunicación Científica y
Acceso Abierto /Scientific Communications and Open Access
Research<http://iigg.sociales.uba.ar/proyecto-especial-aa/>

* Comité Científico REDALYC-Red de Revistas Científicas de América Latina,
Caribe, España y Portugal <http://www.redalyc.org>

* Comité Expertos Sistema Nacional Repositorios Ciencia y
Tecnología<http://repositorios.mincyt.gob.ar/novedades.htm>/Science
and Technology Repositories National System Experts Committee, Argentina

* Editor, International Social Science Council - Open Access Web
Resources<http://www.worldsocialscience.org/?page_id=1040>

* Editorial Advisory Board “Information
Development<http://www.sagepub.com/journalsProdDesc.nav?ct_p=boards&prodId=Journal201674>
”