[Open-access] [GOAL] Re: Copyright Law Destroys Markets

Marcin Wojnarski marcin.wojnarski at tunedit.org
Tue Nov 20 15:06:58 UTC 2012

Yes, it was retracted because of corporate lobbying, but it can very
well get back on the agenda if only public opinion requests this -
that's why academia must stand behind this report. The fact that such a
document was prepared and came to light is already a big sign of change
and should be pushed forward despite retraction. A petition was started
to request republishing: everyone can sign it here
<http://www.change.org/petitions/paul-teller-and-the-republican-study-committee-rsc-republish-and-stand-behind-their-policy-brief-on-copyright-law>;
or read more here
<http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20121118/23364521085/dont-let-retraction-distract-simple-fact-gop-copyright-policy-brief-was-brilliant.shtml>.

-Marcin