[Open-access] [open-science] how open is it

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:19:33 UTC 2012

Spot on.  The altmetrics hackathon is about getting together ANYONE AND
EVERYONE interested in helping to build things that will inform future
metrics.  It is early for standards, but it is high time for experimenting!

There are scholars-turned-builders emerging from all over the place to help
explore the future of scholarly communication.  Jason Priem and I are two,
Todd Vision at Dryad is another, Martin Fenner now at PLOS is another, Mark
Hahnel of figshare is another, Elizabeth Iorns of Science Exchange, William
Gunn at Mendeley, I won't bore you with a laundry list but there are oodles
more in academia and out....
If we are publisher friends now, it is because we've found ourselves
working side by side to build real things :)

Please join us, everyone!  The hackathon is going to be great: San
Francisco on Sat Nov 3rd.  Everyone is welcome, whether you code or
not.  Register
here <http://altmetricshackathon2012.eventbrite.com/>, view ideas and share
your own here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hJixj2z6oSpFIosQQlGXFbrOBLR8te3VZgzdvcMedTA/edit#bookmark=id.atzvn4t9is2s>,
can't wait to meet you!