[Open-access] World budget for scholarly publishing (journals)

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 10:14:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Laurent Romary <laurent.romary at inria.fr>wrote:

> OK. "Un milliard" in my language…

Yes - I used this when I was a child - Free Online Dictionary:
mil·liard  (mlyrd, -yärd, ml-ärd)
*n.* *Chiefly British*
The cardinal number equal to 109.
[French, from Old French milliart, from milion, *million*; see * million*.]

 But the issue is still that we are paying much too much as there is no
regulation and no market control