[Open-access] BOAI10 - Recommendations for Open Access

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 22:21:27 UTC 2012

This is tremendous. (I'm not dreaming?) They have reasserted the centrality
of BOAI. This is exactly what is required - everything else follows. This
is the only effective definition of OA libre.

And I have spent a whole day having to challenge Stevan Harnad at the
Digital Research 2012 meeting (and, immodestly) I think the proper BOAI
approach prevailed.

Maybe the OKF should create something that helps reinforce the BOAI
declaration.

BTW I am continuing to pickup vibes that Panton, Open Biblio principles and
Open Content Manifesto are gathering interest. Perhaps we should package
these with OKD and promote the universality of the philosophy. Sophie K has
made Panton postcards and maybe we could create siblilngs where we list the
various definitions