[Open-access] [open-science] how open is it

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Wed Sep 26 07:42:44 UTC 2012

Strong agreement here. There is enormous value in organisations using
CC BY, not only because it's a good licence but because everyone who
cares about such issues already knows what it means. Instant
recognition is very valuable. No-one wants to read pages of legalese
only to emerge on the other side thinking, "Oh, so it's just like CC
BY, then".

-- Mike.