[Open-access] [open-science] Nature Scientific Data platform and doing science with open data

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:15:44 UTC 2013

Yes, any discussion of this should definitely mention the solutions which
are already in place like Figshare (and even OKFN's own CKAN/TheDataHub).
 Highlighting the growing recognition of the importance of data publishing
would be a useful blog post, but it would be better to survey the landscape
than focus on Nature.

There's also something a little perverse about their idea that to be
"citable" you need to be blessed by a big publishing house. DOIs and even
plain old garden variety URIs are eminently citable.  Of course, what they
mean is "citable in a way that will grant you ivory tower kudos," which
ties back in to the whole altmetrics discussion.

Tom