[Open-access] Oxford Open Science 2013

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Sun Apr 14 16:05:54 UTC 2013

Hi All

Announcing the Oxford Open Science programme for 2013, all welcome, talks
will be podcast under CC-BY after the event so if you can't make it just
check the website for links. We may try Google Hangouts depending on
demand, let me know if you'd be keen to join remotely.

Jenny

Oxford Open Science
Oxford e-Research Centre, 7 Keble Road, 19:00-20:30

Join us for informal discussion on open science in a digital age. Maybe
you're looking at ways to share scientific data more effectively, planning
a project involving citizen crowd sourcing, want to make your research as
accessible as possible or maybe you're just interested in how openness and
transparency could change the way we do science, come along and explore.

Our first session of the year will introduce the way in which the web
changes how we measure the impact of our research.

24 Apr Altmetrics: Can we drop the “alternative”? Iain Hrynaszkiewicz, F1000
22 May [TBC] HackyourPhD Vincent Adams, UCL
19 Jun Does open science promote innovation? Chas Bountra, Uni. of Oxford
24 Jul A content mining revolution Peter Murray-Rust, Uni. of Cambridge
21 Aug DIY Bio: Open hardware meets open science  William Beaufoy, London
BioHackers
25 Sep Crowdcrafting experiments Cyrus Hirjibehedin, UCL
23 Oct Open science in developing countries Jenny Molloy, Uni. of Oxford
27 Nov Open science tools workshop: Part 1 – Data

Join the Facebook group, follow @oxopensci on Twitter or check the website
for more details.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oxopensci/
http://science.okfn.org/community/local-groups/oxford-open-science/