[Open-access] [open-science] OKF at Open Repositories 2014

Bjoern Brembs b.brembs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 23:53:16 UTC 2013

On Friday, December 6, 2013, 12:45:25 AM, you wrote:

> They want the world to come to their one
> special magic web-site and read the papers only there. Which is not
> that much more advanced than the position of paywalled publishers.

Perhaps I'm really hopelessly naive, but this
seems so irrational, it shouldn't take much to
move beyond this argument.

> The real issues here are much more social than technical. As usual.

There is no debating that, I guess :-) Which is
why visions are important: visions get people
motivated to be a part in realizing them.
I believe the vision of getting everything in one place,
filtered, sorted and immensely relevant is
powerful!

Bjoern

--
Björn Brembs