[Open-access] SPARC Europe has classified the UK's open access policy in a category of it's own

Mark MacGillivray mark at cottagelabs.com
Wed Feb 13 23:53:19 GMT 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Ross Mounce <ross.mounce at gmail.com> wrote:

> I emailed SPARC & Alma about this. Here is Alma's reply (and the message I
> sent to them). I completely disagree tbh and am at a loss with what to do
> next. Alma seems to avoid directly addressing the clear point I addressed
> to her/SPARC:

Presumably you are worried that the classification of RCUK in solitary will
make it look bad. But you have failed to influence the people making the
classification. So instead, positively re-enforce it.

Blog and tweet etc about how great it is that SPARC have acknowledged the
leading stance that RCUK has taken, and how proud you are that RCUK are
doing such great things for open access. If only other orgs across Europe
could follow such lead, and attempt to join RCUK in SPARCs class-leading
categorisation...

Mark