[Open-access] Event Reminder: Open Research Data Handbook Sprint

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Thu Feb 14 19:50:20 GMT 2013

Dear all,

We are excited about the Open Research Data Handbook Sprint starting
tomorrow! This is an event organised by the Open Knowledge Foundation (Open
Science and Open Economics Working Groups) and the Open Data Research
Network.

The Open Research Data Handbook aims to provide an introduction to the
processes, tools and other areas that researchers need to consider to make
their research data openly available.

*Whom for? *Researchers interested in carrying out their work in more open
ways, experts on sharing research and research data, writers and copy
editors, Web developers and designers to help present the handbook online,
Anyone else interested in taking part in an intense and collaborative
weekend of action.
Please register at the Eventbrite
page<http://openresearchdata.eventbrite.com/>if you intend to come.
And visit the online participation hub for further
details: http://bit.ly/odrhandbook.

*Where: 65 Clifton Street, EC2A 4JE (3rd floor - the ODI)*

*Friday, February 15th:*
13:00 - 13:30: Arrival and sushi lunch
13:30 - 14:30: Open research data seminar with *Steven Hill, Head of Open
Data Dialogue at RCUK. *
14:30 - 17:30: Working in teams

*Friday, February 16th:*
10:00 - 10:30: Arrival and coffee
10:30 - 11:30: Introducing open research lightning talks (your space to
present your project on research data)
11:30 - 13:30: Working in teams
13:30 - 14:30: Lunch
14:30 - 17:30: Working in teams
17:30 - 18:30: Reporting back
After which we would head towards a pub in Shoreditch.

As many already registered for online participation we will broadcast the
lunch seminar through the Open Economics Bambuser
channel<https://bambuser.com/channel/okfnecon>.
Please drop by in the IRC channel #okfn-rbook

We look forward to your participation!

Velichka, Jenny & Tim
Open Knowledge Foundation Open Science and Open Economics
Open Research Data Network