[Open-access] Re - Invitation to participate in the stakeholder dialogue "Licences for Europe" - REMINDER and additional information

Ross Mounce ross.mounce at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:02:40 UTC 2013

Given the mining bit (from the PDF)

*(iv) Text and data mining for scientific research purposes*
This work strand should
 Identify the scale and nature of demand for TDM access in the EU for
scientific research purposes, and appropriate means of meeting this demand.
 Explore the potential and possible limits of standard licensing models.
 Assess the appropriateness and feasibility of technology platforms to
facilitate TDM
access.
 Deliver solutions, including the possibility to develop effective
platforms to facilitate
TDM access.

If I could get my Panton Fellowship travel allowance to cover this, I would
go. Seems appropriate / relevant to the work I've been doing.

Best,

Ross

On 15 January 2013 16:31, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> We *have* to get somebody to this. Unfortunately I shall be in AU.
>
> I think at this stage we have to send a name at least. It might not be the
> person that goes. But we must send someone.
>
> I doubt they pay expenses.
>
> P.

Ross Mounce
PhD Student & Open Knowledge Foundation Panton Fellow
Fossils, Phylogeny and Macroevolution Research Group
University of Bath, 4 South Building, Lab 1.07
http://about.me/rossmounce