[Open-access] [open-science] [okfn-discuss] Help make a comparison of open access journals on Wikipedia

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Tue Jan 29 09:54:31 UTC 2013

DOAJ does have a slot in its metadata for licences: for example, if
you search for "acta":
http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=findJournals&uiLanguage=en&hybrid=&query=acta
27 of the 100 journals listed in the first page of results list the licence.

Obviously, though, that's not nearly enough. From my perspective two
top priorities for DOAJ now that it's up and running again are:

1. Populate the Licence field for *all* journals. Obviously not all
journals have an explicit statement of licence, but even for such
journals it's much better that the DOAJ entry clearly state
"unspecified" rather than no say anything.

2. Extend the search form to allow narrowing by licence (and other
criteria, I guess, but this is the big one).

-- Mike