[Open-access] JISC student awards - any open research/OER ideas?

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 22:47:25 UTC 2013

Hi All

Just a reminder that the deadline for JISC elevator awards is coming up if
you know any students who have a teaching/research tech idea they'd like
funded!
Brendan (cc'd), an Oxford Open Science attendee, is pitching for WikiNets -
project description below.

If you have comments I'm sure he would be interested - and even more so if
you wanted to vote for the project ;)
Please do shout out if you've made an entry yourself, it would be great to
hear about it.

Jenny

http://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/ideas/wikinets (see website for video pitch)

WikiNets - Mapping the Research Frontier, Together

The Idea
Research is all about the big picture. WikiNets is a way of drawing the big
picture. It’s an online tool for piecing together the contributions of many
researchers into a graphical form that is easy to read, understand, and
remember. WikiNets does this by facilitating the collaborative creation of
annotated networks that represent all relevant variables in a domain of
research, and their relationships. Imagine a streamlined Wikipedia, built
to focus on the links.