[Open-access] Global - national scientific information budget

Bjoern Brembs b.brembs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:45:51 UTC 2013

On Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:38:39 AM, you wrote:

> Is there a reference document which describes and breaks
> down (e.g. subscriptions) the scientific information
> budgets worldwide and country per country?

I've been looking for this for years. In short, this is difficult to come by. The estimates that are available vary by a factor of 4 (5 billion up to 20 billion)  and don't mention any sources and some sources that claim to know the data, are behind paywalls (up to $2K in some cases).

There are stats for German libraries freely available, links with evaluations in here:

http://bjoern.brembs.net/comment-n900.html

That's the best I could do, as an amateur in such things.

I'd be very, very interested in any solid figures you might find.

Good luck,

Bjoern

--
Björn Brembs