[Open-access] [open-science] Science Europe policy statement on the transition to Open Access

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Wed May 1 18:33:59 UTC 2013

I agree that the Science Europe statement is mostly very good.

But ...

When did we get so habituated to publishers' entitlement that we now
CELEBRATE a six-month embargo as though it's a victory rather than an
outrage?

There is no justification for ANY embargo, ever. It's time we started
getting noisy about that fact.

-- Mike.