[Open-access] Plug for the ASAP Awards - Nominations close June 15

Cameron Neylon cn at cameronneylon.net
Mon May 27 09:34:26 UTC 2013

Dear All

Just a note that the PLOS/Google/Wellcome Accelerating Science Awards Program is about halfway through the nomination period. The program will award three prizes of $30,000 to people or groups who have made imaginative, novel, or exciting use of open access research (literature or data). in particular the awards will focus on those who have demonstrated, through their use the potential of Open Access content.

I'm sure you are all aware of examples of educators, policy makers, patient advocates, entrepreneurs, and even researchers doing exciting things. Please do nominate people, encourage others to nominate, or to nominate themselves at asap.plos.org prior to June 15. We want to collect the most interesting, exciting and informative global stories of the use of OA content and data.

Cheers

Cameron