[Open-access] Draft advocacy guide for libre open access?

Tom Olijhoek tom.olijhoek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 13:29:08 UTC 2013

Hi Jonathan,

As PMR said the open access list has been set up to clarify the meaning of
open access as we see it, BOAI definition and all.
In addition I would say that the @ccess website was also set up to have a
place where people can find out about various aspects of open access. And a
lot of infornation is already there. Since after an intitial phase i have
been the only one doing content for the site , it has not been updated very
regularly.Therefore I also think that your doc is a good idea. But I
suggest that we also use the @ccess site With the help of  more people we
can activate the site again. I also spoke about this issue with Michelle in
Amsterdam.
I think it wouldt be useful to have a look at the site as it is now and see
what info is missing / outdated etc.
Where were you planning to put the doc you are preparing? Wouldn't  the
access.okfn.org be a logical choice?

cheers

TOM

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ahead of open access week next week, Michelle and I thought it would be
> useful to have a brief guide to 'libre' open access, distilling what this
> is, why it matters and how to advocate for it:
>
> We've started a brief draft here: http://bit.ly/libre-oa
>
> Might anyone be interested in helping with this? If so, it would be great
> if you could comment on the doc!
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
>
> Jonathan Gray
>
> Director of Policy and Ideas  | *@jwyg <https://twitter.com/jwyg>*
>
> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>
> *
>
> Empowering through Open Knowledge
>
> okfn.org  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |
> Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |  Newsletter<http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>
> *

Tom Olijhoek
Codex Consult
www.codexconsult.eu
coordinator @ccess open access working group  at OKF
DOAJ  member of Advisory Board
freelance advisor for the WorldBank Publishing Group
TEL +(31)645540804
SKYPE tom.olijhoek
LinkedIn  http://nl.linkedin.com/in/tomolijhoek/