[Open-access] [open-science] Letter to the Economist

Francois Grey francois.grey at cern.ch
Sun Oct 20 15:22:39 UTC 2013

Hi Michelle, All,

Although The Economist has not published your letter yet, I hope you saw the cover this week, which (at least in the US) is "How Science Goes Wrong".

The issue features a leader and four-page briefing on "Unreliable Reasearch", about the problems of reproducibility and inadequacies of peer-review in even the most prestigious journals. IMHO it's a very good read, and strong support for open science.

The article mentions the Bohannon sting again, but omits any mention of it being about open access journals. So maybe your letter did have an effect!

Francois