[Open-access] FOSsil Bank Update - 22 September 2013

Chris Sakkas sanglorian at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 03:21:30 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

Back to more regular updates!
Brief Survey

I didn't get a lot of responses to the first question last time, so if you
missed it please tackle it for me:

*What is stopping you from contributing to FOSsil Bank?
*When I set up the FOSsil Bank, I expected members of the community to
contribute to the catalogue. After a few years, about 99% of the 1000+
entries were added by me. I don’t resent this, but I’d like to get more
involvement from others.
#FundFreeCulture

*Open Well-Tempered Clavier – Ba©h to Bach *is a project to score and
record Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier (48 days left; $11,865/$30,000):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/293573191/open-well-tempered-clavier-bah-to-bach

*Set Chopin Free *will record that composer's entire corpus and return it
to the public domain ($79,971/$75,000; 28 days left):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Musopen/set-chopin-free

<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trentish/grim-world-gaming-supplement-for-dungeon-world-and>

*0 A.D. *is an RTS that's been under development for some time (29 days
left; $17,380/$160,000 – flexible funding):
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-0-a-d-an-open-source-strategy-game

*Replicant *is a fully free Android distro that could use some support:
https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=19

*Grim World *successfully funded – it's a resource for libre tabletop
RPG *Dungeon
World *(text is CC BY; $22,050/$5,000):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trentish/grim-world-gaming-supplement-for-dungeon-world-and

*apngasm *is a project to create tools that animate PNG files to replace
proprietary GIFs – successfully funded ($10,433/$5,000):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/374397522/apngasm-foss-animated-png-tools-and-apng-standardi

*Deck of Legends *is a beautiful deck of illustrated cards that
successfully funded (images are CC BY-SA; $12,005/$2,500):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedandmom/deck-of-legends

*Conquering Corsairs of the Seven Seas *is a card game that successfully
funded (images are CC BY-SA; $9,241/$7,500):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/azaroth42/conquering-corsairs-pirates-of-the-silver-seas?ref=live

*mailpile *is a web-mail program you can run on your own computer –
successfully funded ($163,192/$100,000)

*Tupi* is 2D animation software on Kickstarter. (GNU GPL; 4 days to go;
$4,277/$30,000):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/175927790/tupi-2d-animation-software-for-everyone

*App-Make-inator* from Lunduke is on Bountysource. (GNU GPL; 3 days to go;
$433/$3,500): https://www.bountysource.com/fundraisers/468
Libre works

I've split off audio works from musical ones:
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/category:audio-libre

 *Hacker Public Radio *is a weekly Internet radio show (CC BY-SA):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:hacker-public-radio

*National Repository of Open Educational Resources *is an Indian government
resource (CC BY-SA): http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:nroer

*The Getty *hosts thousands of public domain images:
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:the-getty

*Free Knowledge Based on Creative Commons Licenses *is about the
consequences of using the NonCommercial term (CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:free-knowledge-based-on-creative-commons-licenses

*What's the Deal with Copyright and 3D Printing *does what it says, and
does it well (CC BY-SA):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:what-s-the-deal-with-copyright-and-3d-printing

*etcc *is a lovely Australian project where artists build on the artworks
of others (CC BY): http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:etcc

*Tears of Steel (Chinese version) *is the Blender short movie redone by
Chinese actors in Chinese (CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:tears-of-steel-chinese
Tabletop games

*So Now You're a Time Traveler *is a 2-page hack of *Cthulhu Dark *(CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:so-now-you-re-a-time-traveler

*AdventureLand *is a short RPG for 'advanced role-players' (CC BY):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:adventureland

*Libre: The Open Source Card Game *is a fantasy card game with hints of *Magic:
The Gathering *(CC BY): http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:libre-card-game

*Anima Prime *has been around for a while, but there's now a pocket version
(CC BY-SA): http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/work:anima-prime

*The DramaSystem SRD *is the engine underneath the *Hillfolk *tabletop RPG
(CC BY, OGL): http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:dramasystem-srd

*Johnstone Metzger's *offerings:

   -

   *Adventures on Dungeon Planet *is a resource for the *Dungeon World
*tabletop
   RPG (text is CC BY-SA; images CC BY-NC-SA):
   http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:adventures-on-dungeon-planet
   -

   *Evil Wizard in a Cave *is a short adventure for *Dungeon World
*and *Labyrinth
   Lord *(text is CC BY-SA):
   http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:evil-wizards-in-a-cave

Proprietary shareable works

*Brytenwalda *is an ancient Britain-themed miniatures game (CC BY-NC-SA):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:brytenwalda

*Vector 3 *is a sci-fi tabletop board game (CC BY-NC):
http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:vector-3

*Lasers & Feelings *is a 2-page sci-fi RPG by the brilliant John Harper (CC
BY-NC-SA): http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/entry:lasers-feelings

Cheers,
Chris

*Chris Sakkas