[Open-access] HEFCE OA policy and the issue around date of acceptance

Reimer, Torsten F t.reimer at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 16 14:40:29 UTC 2014

First of all to state for the record: I am not suggesting universities should rely on the publishers for this but rather that they could help us to make the process smoother. The HEFCE policy requires robust systems and process in place to monitor this and I should think that is what all institutions are aiming for.

I like the workflows as suggested by Cameron, although in my ideal world (it is Easter after all) I'd like the IR to be copied into the email and automatically ingest the data so that author/librarian would only have to press an approval button. This may be more difficult to implement though. Anyway, just getting the email with the file and the metadata, even if it all has to be copied in manually, would be helpful I think.

Happy Easter,
Torsten