[Open-access] [FC-discuss] FOSsil Bank Update (August 2014)

Chris Sakkas sanglorian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 08:16:45 UTC 2014

Hi Samuel,

Were you thinking that each item would actually be added to
https://www.wikidata.org/, or just that they would use the syntax and
language of Wikidata?

I've certainly thought it would make sense to use the Wikidata properties
as much as possible, and to link each item with its Wikidata Q-number where
one exists. Actually storing the items on Wikidata is an interesting
possibility, but I think we'd be a bit limited in terms of what data we
could enter. For example, it would be nice to upload thumbnails to
illustrate some of the items, but that wouldn't (I think) be allowed on
Wikidata.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Chris

*Chris Sakkas**Admin of the FOSsil Bank wiki
<http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/> and the Living Libre blog
<http://www.livinglibre.com> and Twitter feed
<https://twitter.com/#%21/living_libre>.*