[Open-access] [open-science] Requesting material for "Introduction to open science" talk, target: faculty

Sophie Kay sophie at opensciencetraining.com
Fri Dec 19 10:49:15 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel,

Great to hear about your upcoming keynote. I can offer slide decks
providing a general introduction to open science, as well as lectures on
specific sub-topics (most of which come from my Open Science Training
Initiative <http://www.opensciencetraining.com/> (OSTI)), which I'd be very
happy for you to use. They're all CC-BY so feel free to update/remix as
required :)

   - General intro to open science: slides for my talk on "The Open
   Scientist" are available via my academia profile
   <https://oxford.academia.edu/SophieKershaw>;
   - Specific topics: Slide decks for the OSTI lectures on academic
   publishing, content, code & data licensing, version control,
   reproducibility and data management planning are all downloadable (in
   either ODP, PDF or PPTX format as required) from the OSTI repository at
   GitHub <https://github.com/StilettoFiend/OpenScienceTraining>.

I am due to update these slide decks in early 2015, so some of the details
may need a little refreshing here and there, but hopefully you'll find them
useful (and of course I'd welcome suggestions for improvements/new info
etc.)

Not sure whether this will be the case, but if any of your audience are
interested in training people in open science, I would be delighted and
grateful if you could point them the way of the OSTI website - copies of
the post-pilot report
<http://www.opensciencetraining.com/OSTI-PostPilotReport.pdf> from
2013 and paper
on rotation-based learning
<http://www.opensciencetraining.com/OE2030-Kershaw.pdf> can also be
downloaded there.

Let me know if there are any other materials I can pass on to you for use
in your talk - hope it all goes well!

All the best,

Sophie