[Open-access] A map of publicly funded work in the UK for a campaign for open license for publicly funded work

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 12:34:31 UTC 2014

GREAT idea John,

I'd start with areas where creators' right don't muddy the water - this is
science and public government. I calculate that we spend 500 Billion or
more on public science worldwide (
http://www.slideshare.net/petermurrayrust/osbrazil ) and we lose a large
percentage of that. If governments want to generate new wealth , then
starting with opening up science is close to a no-brainer.

I'm with you - and have committed TheContentMine (contentmine.org) to mine
facts directly into Wikidata.