[Open-access] Requesting material for "Introduction to open science" talk, target: faculty

Douglas Carnall dougie.carnall at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:40:47 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel,

Others' raw slides are all very well, but if you'd like some more
discursive reading in preparation for your talk you may find some of the 44
public bookmarks tagged "openscience" useful. Here they are:

https://pinboard.in/u:juliusbeezer/t:openscience/

It's just an idiosyncratic collection of articles on open science that I
have found interesting, useful, and plausible since I started to follow
along in 2009. An example of the kind of thing you'd find there: an
interview between the late Jean-Claude Bradley (an organic chemist) and
journalist Richard Poynder:

http://www.infotoday.com/IT/sep10/Poynder.shtml

discussing what Bradley called "Open Notebook Science."

There's a more general introduction to my public bookmarks on my personal
blog:
http://juliusbeezer.blogspot.fr/2014/05/why-i-keep-public-bookmarks-and-where.html

Good luck with your talk!

Best wishes,

D.

> Dear all,
>
> After several months spent advocating open {science, access, data} in
> my faculty (of Computer Science), I obtained a 30 min. keynote at the
> beginning of the year seminar, where the whole faculty academic staff
> will be present. This is a nice occasion for delivering a strong
> message in favour of open science practices.
>
> I kindly ask you if there is already some material to be
> reused/extended. I am interested in defining open-* practices, the
> motivation for doing open science, and the ways for doing open
> science.
>
> Stefan Kasberger kindly pointed me to his slides here:
> http://de.slideshare.net/cheeseman1983/presentation-oc13-en
>
> Is there anything else that could help me? Thank you in advance.
> Of course I will share my slides, as well.
>
> Best regards and have some nice Winter vacations,
>
> --
> Daniel Graziotin
>
> Open Science Italia: http://openscience.it
>
> Orcid: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9107-7681