[Open-access] [open-science] Open Science Anthology published

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Jan 20 16:05:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2014, at 7:53 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> I totally agree that software licenses
>> should be used for software, and CC licenses are better suited to
>> publishing, but access and reuse are important commonalities shared by
>> both communities.
>

> Remember, if possible in your jurisdiction, you can always use CC0 for pretty much any and everything.

Certainly, although MIT/BSD is generally better recognized and
understood in the context of software. I won't push the topic
off-track too much, I think the OKD definition of open access nicely
mirrors the OSI's definition of open source. CC0 does not appear in
their list of OSI approved licenses, which would make its application
in software problematic for many.

Marcus