[Open-access] [open-science] Open Science Anthology published

Graham Triggs grahamtriggs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 07:00:43 UTC 2014

On 24 January 2014 05:38, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> The commonest offender is Elsevier where CC-BY papers frequently link to
> RightsLink and are charged. I have highlighted many examples on my blog (
> http://blogs.ch.cam.ac.uk/pmr) and Elsevier says it's "technical
> problems" and "please give them time to fix it". It should never have
> happened. I have no idea whether they refund money.

Although the first port of call is usually an Elsevier website. As there
may be other routes in to RightsLink, it would be good to fix that -
however Elsevier really haven't got an excuse for not making the rights of
an Open Access article clear on their own website and not routing through
to RightsLink in the first place.