[Open-access] [open-science] Open Science Anthology published

Heather Morrison Heather.Morrison at uottawa.ca
Mon Jan 27 16:27:45 UTC 2014

Mike,

Of course people can misquote an author's work regardless of licensing! What the CC licenses granting blanket permission for derivatives does is to pre-authorize derivatives.

In the case of a wrongful death because of an incorrect derivative regarding a drug dose, in addition to the death there can be differences in legal liability for the research funder based on whether they did or did not require the use of derivatives.

Since you're obviously in favour of derivatives, allow me to flatter you by creating a derivative of your words.

Mike Taylor wrote:  "Heather, with all due respect this is complete nonsense".

The actually respectful derivative:  ""Heather, with all due respect I disagree". (attribution: Mike Taylor, good manners contributed by Heather Morrison).

You are welcome! Thanks to you as always for contributing to the discussion.

--
Dr. Heather Morrison
Assistant Professor

On 2014-01-27, at 11:09 AM, Mike Taylor <mike at indexdata.com<mailto:mike at indexdata.com>>