[Open-access] scholarly articles still not in OA. What could we do?

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 31 14:43:45 UTC 2014

I fully understand. It's not just in HSS. Chemical papers 100 years old are
still useful. And certainly i observational biology.

It's worth using the OAButton - if only to reduce your blood pressure. It
may also highlight the problem - if OAButton can count the ages of the
papers that might show your problem was common.

The forces for change could be (a) legislation. (b) a change in the
publishing market. Neither are fast. (c) Civil disobedience would also
work.