[Open-access] Fwd: Invitation to felicitation function for Mr.Madhan Muthu on 9 June 2014 at 11am

Subbiah Arunachalam subbiah.arunachalam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:15:25 UTC 2014

Friends:

 A function felicitating *Mr.Madhan Muthu,* Manager, Library and
Information Services, at ICRISAT will be held in IIT Madras on* June 9 2014*
at *11am in the Conference room on the 4th floor of the central
library.  *Prof.
Pennathur Gautam will give away the *EPT Award* for excellence in promoting
open access in the developing world to Madhan.

 This is the third year of the award and Madhan shares this year's award
with Ms Rosemary Otando of Kenya. In the inaugural year, the award was
given to another Indian, Dr Francis Jayakanth.

 Mr.Madhan Muthu has been championing open access of research publications
for many years. He is also helping the  open access programme in IIT Madras
through formal interactions with Dean, Academic Research, and Dean,
Academic Courses, who is the also the Dean in charge of the central
library.

Therefore it is my pleasure to invite you to join in the felicitation of
Mr.Madhan Muthu and we hope that he would continue to offer his services to
IIT Madras for completing the open access programme that has been initiated
last year.

 *Programme schedule:*