[Open-access] Crowdsourcing request + BMJ OA Policy

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 09:26:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Kiley, Robert <r.kiley at wellcome.ac.uk>wrote:

> Thanks for all the work you are doing in helping to analyse the Wellcome
> APC data.  The Google docs crowdsourcing document is getting
> well-populated.  See: https://t.co/nYmiX1aJ0C

And thanks to you and Wellcome Trust. Without your clarity we should be
fighting mud.

In terms of the licence, please remember that the Wellcome CC-BY condition
> only came into effect from 1st April, and it was for papers submitted after
> this date.  ie A paper published in, say, October, but submitted before
> April 1st, would NOT need to have a CC-BY licence.
>
> Robert

But all papers should be outside paywalls on all publisher sites.

And only the author KNOWS what licence they asked for - they may well have
asked for CC-BY before April 1st.